May 13, 2012

Obama: The First Gay President

Rand Paul Says He Didn't Think Obama's Views 'Could Get Any Gayer'

May 13, 2012

ABC OTUS News - Sen. Rand Paul mocked President Obama's recent support of gay marriage n Friday, saying he didn't think Obama's views "could get any gayer."
"The president recently weighed in on marriage and you know he said his views were evolving on marriage," the Kentucky Republican said at Iowa's Faith and Freedom Coalition meeting. "Call me cynical, but I wasn't sure his views on marriage could get any gayer."

The comments, which generated laughs, were made two days after Obama announced that he supported same-sex marriage, which he had previously opposed, while adding he thought the issue should be left up to the states to decide.

Paul was encouraging support for his father Ron Paul's long-shot presidential campaign when the conversation turned to the news of the week.

"He said the biblical golden rule caused him to be for gay marriage," Paul said. "I'm like what version of the Bible is he reading?"

Paul went on to say that he's not preaching hateful dogma against people, but added that he didn't believe people should give up on their traditions.

"Six thousand years of tradition" combined with "anthropological" evidence shows "there's stability in the family unit," he said.

"The family is really important and we shouldn't just give up on it," he said.

Paul spoke against abortion as well as same-sex marriage.

"I think we're in a spiritual crisis as a country," Paul said, "and I think you're going to need leaders beyond your political leaders."

Paul had been advertised as the coalition's "special guest" for its 12th annual meeting of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, a socially conservative group led by former Christian Coalition leader Ralph Reed.

Romans Chapter 1:16-32

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:
For it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;
To the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,
The just shall live by faith.
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men,
Who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,
Being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead;
So that they are without excuse:
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful;
But became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man,
And to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts,
To dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie,
And worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections:
For even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another;
Men with men working that which is unseemly,
And receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge,
God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness;
Full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death,
Not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Matthew 5:38-48

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil:
But whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you,
And pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:
For he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye?
Do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others?
Do not even the publicans so?
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

John 13:34

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:
For what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness?
And what communion hath light with darkness?
And what concord hath Christ with Belial?
Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?
For ye are the temple of the living God;
As God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them;
And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord,
And touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

John 8:1-12

Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him;
And he sat down, and taught them.
And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery;
And when they had set her in the midst, they say unto him,
Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him.
But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them,
He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last:
And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her,
Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord.
And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world:
He that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 8:23-47

And he said unto them,
Ye are from beneath; I am from above:
Ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins:
For if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
Then said they unto him, Who art thou?
And Jesus saith unto them,
Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.
I have many things to say and to judge of you:
But he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
Then said Jesus unto them,
When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he,
And that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone;
For I do always those things that please him.
As he spake these words, many believed on him.
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him,
If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man:
How sayest thou, ye shall be made free?
Jesus answered them,
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father.
Jesus saith unto them,
If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Ye do the deeds of your father.
Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Jesus said unto them,
If God were your Father, ye would love me:
For I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.
He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment